Friday 18 September 2009

Lovely Friday



So, I accidentally met a Swedish girl while paying my residence fees earlier this week. The lady at the counter wasn't sure if I had a credit or a debit card and I was explaining to her that since it's a Swedish card, it's probably different to whatever it was she was accustomed to... While my fee's were being processed, I turn around and get a question thrown straight at me from across the room, "Är du svensk?". At that very moment we decide to meet up some time later this week to fika.

So today, I have been speaking Swedish for a whole 3 hours.. and for the first time in Canada, lol! We both have a hysteria for beads and jewellery, so we went to to the bead store together (I will never get tired going there!) and then she showed me some amazing store's around Ottawa which I haven't noticed before.

Soon I'm meeting up with another friend of mine and I invited my lovely Swede with me. It's a calming thought, knowing that you have nice company.

No comments:

Post a Comment